Thursday, January 27, 2011

So What Is This Trip About?

So what exactly are you going to be doing on your trip Nikki and Christy?

Good question! Thanks for asking.

As always, when traveling to Ethiopia I hold my schedule loosely. I know the things I wish to accomplish, but at the same time I know better than to tell God what I want to accomplish with His people!! But here are some things we are planning on doing while there....

Check on Project 1 - after school program. I'm looking forward to meeting the children in the program. I will be checking on their progress as well as seeing any immediate needs they have. I know there are a couple of students with health issue that I want to check out.

Check on Project 1 - the beauty school. Very much looking forward to meeting these 11 women before they graduate. I want to check on their progress, hear about what they have been learning, and how their lives are different now.

The Keziah Project - I will be doing the groundwork to get The Keziah Project ready to launch. I have two individuals I hope to hire while there. I will bring them each a job description and we will negotiate a salary. Both of these individuals are good friends and I'm very excited to introduce them to you!!

I will also be meeting other NGOs doing similar work and whatever else God has for us to do!  Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment